Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange PHD graph

2 hours ago, spillage said:

Thinking about the remote side of things. Do you have access to another pc? You could use a waterproof tub for you laptop and if you can connect via wi-fi use team viewer on the other pc.

I used to. However it was quite a veteran and also didn't enjoy the cold....get the picture? ;):D 

I'm thinking, if indeed the USB cables *are* causing a slower transfer rate, surely it will only have the effect that longer exposure lengths would have? I usually run 2 sec expos, but i could easily increase that and I surely the subs wont suffer and streaking or blurring, with the short focal length I'm using. 

Something i notice on all my images is that the colour always seems a bit "grimy" compared to the snow-white galaxies and black background the ppl over in Imaging-Deep Sky are getting. Is this just the result of using a budget camera and simple Skywatcher LP filter?

John

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

it was quite a veteran and also didn't enjoy the cold

You could of had this old one indoors to run teamviewer in the warm. No cables are then needed. How do you process your images and are you dithering?

Archived