NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1st Light in 2 years, New Equipment - Horsehead Nebula

topgearuk

Hi,

I have started imaging again after 2 years of not getting a single result.. I have all new equipment after having an unsuccessful time last year in my limited windows I get, last year was written off due to technical problems (mainly me). And almost gave up then.

I moved house six months ago and have a good view of very light polluted E,S,W sky, but due to small size of garden and various building, I need to be either at one end then can see North or other end and can see South of my garden, no real middle ground, so Polar Aligning has been a challenge, but I think i'm pretty close and I'm leaving the mount outside but covered.

Here is a screen shot of 11 x 10 min HA subs from Sunday night.. Stretched in PS 

I was having problems over in this thread, 

but thank you to all those that offered advice, here is the 11 x 10 mins subs, with Dark's and Bias added..

It's only a start, but it got to the point of having no success for 2 years and I had tried several times without any luck recently with new equipment, that if this night proved another wasted evening I was going to sell the lot.. So feeling relived at getting some kind of image.

Horse 10ha.jpg

OMG ... that's amazing. Your thread/troubles remind me to never entertain the notion of imaging, and this result has me feeling truly inadequate and wishing I could do it. (I'm used to feeling conflicted.) Well, there are a world of witticisms for what you've been through, but this is great. Congratulations. Wow. I'm gonna show my wife. Orion is her favorite, and is sort of our pole star. Hope this doesn't ruin it for her. Worth the risk.

Just saw your sig. Good one.:headbang:

Archived