Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Making a Dark's Library Question?

I'm just making a dark's library, i'm doing 20 of each exposure. Probably start with 2,5,8 and 10 minutes. At -20c which is what I use.

I'm currently in the middle of my 10 minute ones, the camera is set to -20c, and the lens is covered up, and the filter is set to HA.

Does my dark's library need to contain dark's for each of my different filters? Or does it not matter about the filter?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the darks and bias's are records of your camera not the OTA, so I just produced one set of darks for each duration at 60s, 120s, 180s, 300s, 450s, 600s, 900s, 1200s and I took 20 of each.

No, single set of darks regardless of filters used. Just make sure your scope is covered and there is no light leak. You can take darks even if camera is not attached to scope, but again make sure it is covered and there is no light reaching sensor.

Archived