NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI 120mm ok under Linux?

Thalestris24

Hi

I know that there are a set of ZWO Indi drivers but wanted to check if there were any issues with the above guide cam, especially when using ST4? Also, specifically, whether it has the same problem as the qhy5l-ii-m whereby the 'firmware' has to be loaded separately and which can be problematic. Also, are the newer AR0130 sensor cameras supported by Linux/PHD2?

Thanks

Louise

35 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

I use both a 1600MM & 120MM on a Pi3 & Rock64, both running Mate\Indi etc. with no problems, just have to make sure I've selected the right camera for the appropriate task.

Ok, thanks. Does the 120mm have the same requirement as the qhy5l-ii mono i.e. separate firmware that has to be loaded?

Louise

4 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Hi Louise,

Nope its just the one ASI driver used multiple times, hence making sure I've selected the 1600 for imaging & 120 for guiding, & yes I have got it round the wrong way :BangHead:

Hi

I was just concerned that as the 120 uses the same chip as the qhy5l-iim that it also had a separate firmware upload. That means that if there's a problem then you have to physically disconnect and reconnect the camera and probably also reboot the computer - very annoying and it's something I particularly want to avoid with the portable system I'm working on. The MT9M034 mono sensor is otherwise excellent for a guide cam!

Louise

Archived