Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can Sky Watcher's Synguider guide their little Star Adventurer?

Ryan_86

Hi all, I'm looking into guiding my Star adventurer to improve reliability. I need to know whether the Synguider has the ability to guide in RA only. I hope so as I'm not to keen on spending £500 for the Laceta MGEN-ll. 

Any help.would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ryan 

I rather think not but would be interested to hear from someone who does use the Synguider accessory for absolute confirmation. How about instead a QHY miniguide scope (£119) and monochrome QHY 5 II camera (£136.40) and use PHD to do the necessary in RA?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @Ryan_86

No it can guide in ra only, but the SA guide and track in RA only not in DEC so the synguider will try to improve the dec guiding which simply wont react to the commands and nothing will happen in DEC, but the RA axis will receive commands and it will do what the Synguider say.

I can recommend you to use the orion starshot guider and small, 50mm guide scope as i did :)

Hi both, thanks for you advice. I'm trying to avoid using a laptop on site, keeping my set up as portable as possible. If I was to go down the PHD avenue I would most definitely consider QHY.

Serbiadarksky, so I should be fine to use the Synguider by the sounds yeah? I am aware of the SA only having a RA motor, however I was wondering if this would interfere with the Synguider as the SA isnt responding to DEC commands.

Do yiu highly rate the Orion Starshoot autoguider? I will take a look.

Thanks Ryan

Wow,  amaxing imsge well done!!! At what focal length was that taken? I will be buying a Zenithstar61 next year. Do you think this set up will be accurate enough at 512mm?

So the Orion starshoot still requires a laptop does it?

Thsnks Ryan 

2 hours ago, Ryan_86 said:

Wow,  amaxing imsge well done!!! At what focal length was that taken? I will be buying a Zenithstar61 next year. Do you think this set up will be accurate enough at 512mm?

So the Orion starshoot still requires a laptop does it?

Thsnks Ryan 

It was at 200mm

Uh i think it is quite big, but i saw peoples doing 600mm 60sec unguided lol so it is worth to give it a try

There's hope for me then when people are achieving that. Many people ive spoke to bolt a Zenithstar61 onto their SA. I cant find much about their results. 

Did you say you use a laptop with the Starshoot?

Cheers

Ryan

Archived