NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Suitable Andriod Tablet for Skysafari 5 Plus ?

hadyn42

Hello Guys

Can anyone recommend a suitable Andriod Tablet in the 8" to 10" please?

There seems to be lots of Andriod tablets about, but between reading between the lines not all of these tablets have the various hardware built-in to enable compass and various tilt functions on board, but not all are suitable for Skysafari.

Please can I have some ideas on this if possible?  I already have an Ipad2 with Skysafari 5 software which I use, but I would really like to try the Andriod version on an Andriod tablet in the very near future.

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

I run 5 Pro on a cheap 3 year old 8in Huawei tablet a MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro with 1 gig of Ram. Quad core 1.2 GHz.  It struggles a bit for memory and can occasionally be slow and crashy when doing complex stuff. I think it needs a more RAM to do SkySafari justice. 

So my guidance would be that spec as a minimum but go for the most RAM and processor speed you can afford or justify. Screen size is really about personal choice and how fat your fingers are to operated on screen keyboards and the like. I use 5 Pro very easily on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. It runs a treat but my fingers cause problems when selecting things on screen. So maybe two separate issues. Speed and Spec are important. Screen size is a personal choice.

The android version always seems to lag behind iOS in terms of new versions. When I upgraded from 4 Pro to 5 Pro at full price I was just happy to help towards continued developments. The differences between the two versions for my usage was  very minimal. I'll be interested to see what new features are invoked in 6 Pro.

Edit: Just looked at SkySafari iOS on their website. Not a lot a new features that I've spent my life wishing I had. Some stuff about cloud usage.

Great, even SkySafari is getting all "cloudy" !! :)

Archived