NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Vixen Sky Sensor 2000 Any Experts ?

smudgeball

Hi

We had a vixen refractor plus mount kindly donated to my club last year.

We've just got round to unpacking/looking at it.

The handset doesn't power up i.e. no display or red LEDs.

I've read that the onboard AA battery can die so have replaced with same type of 3.6v solder tag type.

Still nothing.

Any one out there with some experience ?

Thanks

Neil

How are you powering the controller Neil? Is it with the original power supply? Japanese stuff can have a nasty habit of being negative tip rather than positive tip which can catch you out.

I have used a Skysensor 2000 PC before, excellent controller. There is a chap around who is very experienced in fixing these and bought a load of spares who may be able to help if it has broken. I'll dig his name out.

By the way, the guy I was thinking of is called Christopher Erickson. If you Google his name with SkySensor then you should find his contact email address. Worth a try, but do check that power out first.

That's brilliant Neil, really pleased you got it sorted :). Thanks for letting me know.

Hope you have fun with it, they are excellent controllers; very capable even compared with stuff around today.

Archived