Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Impressive Meteor - 25th november

hi

Ran the allskycamera on evening of 24th November - morning of 25th November, captured these two meteors, timestamps 12.00am and 12.58am, exposures are 10secs. Just got round to having a review of images! :)

12am - traveling due west - most impressive one yet! 

Edit: Internet search revealed others captured too! https://ukmeteornetwork.co.uk/fireballs/midnight-fireball/

Oculus-2017-11-25T00-00-04-213.thumb.png.05848a949e325e27fd9043b28b87c5e0.png

Captured 12.58am traveling NW roughly

Oculus-2017-11-25T00-58-18-964.thumb.png.6def24709cdcbafb687db043a083e2f7.png

thanks Jannis it was a lucky capture - wasn't sure whether to switch on that night due to earlier clouds, also when played back the stills i nearly missed it as was in only 1 frame out of ~2000 frames - i search for them manually :)

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Blimey I think if I had seen it coming from the angle in some of those linked vids, I would have needed my bike clips!

I've only just finished my all-sky camera enclosure, so waiting for a clear night!

haha wish i caught it visually! went inside circa 45m before, if only was out a bit longer!!

good luck with it, post when ready! I did think of doing one myself, but lack of spare time went for 'retail' one (though got reduced thanks to FLO)

ill post a review of mine soon (starlight express one) - been experimenting with different exposure timings (~5s up to 45sec), normally use 10secs for now as good balance of stars with capturing transient objects

Archived