Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stackimg after meridian switch

AlistairW

Hello,

I was imaging the Pleiades up until my EQMOD mount limits were reached. I did not do a meridian flip, but instead manually ran another routine to simply pick up from where it left off. The image just looks inverted now. How do I take account of that in stacking software ?

Thanks

Alistair.

Most stacking software will automatically takes account of flipped images by rotating by 180 degrees if necessary during stacking. I see in your sig you use AstroArt. By default it doesn't do automatic flipping. On the Preprocessing->Options tab, under 'Align' select 'Auto alignment'.  Under 'Method' select  'Star pattern (translation+rotation)' and most importantly disable 'Automatic Settings'. Ensure 'Rotation' is set it to '180'. This will allow stacking of flipped images. Unfortunately it always seems to reset to 'Automatic Settings' enabled when you start the program which only allows rotation up to 30 degrees I believe, so you have to disable it each time. 

I hope this is helps. :smile:

Alan

Archived