Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

450D + SD card query

Ant

Can anyone help me?

I've just bought an 8GB SD card (not SDHC) for my brother's new camera and it doesn't accept SD cards over 2GB unless they are HC.

My dad has a 450D so I was wondering if the 450D accepted a 8GB SD card?

Can anyone answer the question?

www.dppreview.com says that it accepts SD/SDHC/MMX but doesn't give any more information.

CheersAnt

SDHC cards are classified to guarantee a specific sustained DTS. This potentially saves consumers money, as flash cards are priced not only according to capacity, but also to speed. For example, if a product's maximum DTS is 2MB/sec, dishing out extra cash for Class 4 or Class 6 SDHC cards would be a waste of money. Conversely, devices that can utilize the 4MB/sec or 6MB/sec DTR will perform significantly better with Class 4 or Class 6 SDHC cards, respectively.

Secure Digital was forced to create a new specification for SDHC cards when the previous specification topped out at a capacity of 2GB. This occurred previously when SD cards hit the 512MB wall. The new 2.00 specification should last a bit longer, as it allows SDHC cards to reach a maximum capacity of 32GB. Secure Digital is so-named because of its ability to protect copyright content through digital rights management or DRM. Because of this, it is a favored flash memory format in the audiovisual industry.

SDHC cards are about the size of a postage stamp. Insiders expect them to be available through several different manufacturers by summer 2006, and prices will vary. Before purchasing, be sure your device is compatible. There are several card formats available on the market, and devices are proprietary. If a device manual does not list SDHC cards, or state it is "SD specification 2.00 compatible," the device cannot utilize these cards.

You are correct Ant.

Ok thanks guys. I know where I am know.

My brother has a camera that accepts both SD and SDHC card. But he wants to use the card in a second device that only accepts SD - so this means that he is limited to a 2gb capacity.

At least I know where I am now.

Cheers againAnt

Archived