NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wifi telescope control

I'm thinking of using a Raspberry pi  mounted on my  telescope train to take the usb hub data cable so I can wifi it to my laptop and get rid of the data cable.

The trouble is I don't know too much about the Raspberry pi. Has anybody tried it or are there any other affordable options.

Thanks

I really appreciate this. When you get something, can you post the link. I have done some research into raspberry pi's and they seem like they will do the job and be light enough and small enough  to attach to my Photoline 80.  then I can get rid of the usb extension lead which is bit of a weak link.

Thanks

David

Much easier when I'm not on my phone!

Here is the link to the blog. There are 2 "follow" buttons on the right hand side, and clicking the lower one will mean that you receive a notification whenever entries are added.

I was looking at this a while back, but decided against it because one of the drivers I rely heavily on would not run on linux - i have since been informed that it now will, so might take another look.

There has also been talk of a similar device, for about the same price, that includes USB3 - a Rock64. Don't know much about it myself, but this might give you a starting point.

HTH

Once again this has been really helpful.  I have been looking at the other options that have usb3 as my powered hub is usb3 although my atik is usb.

Interesting about the fan on the odroid-xu4 may cause vibration. It never occurred to me. Maybe I need a raspberry implant!

I'm working on my phone and tablet while I'm away from home so I know how frustrating it can be so many thanks.

Kind regards

David

Archived