Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Off my trolley

Hi Folks, 

OK, this is a bit of a strange one. I'm not blessed with living in a dark sky area so it's a matter of piling the tripod, scope, charger and all the other kit in the car, driving out into some remote area and then lugging the whole lot into a field. I was looking at folding festival trollies as an option. Anyone out there got one, used one or got a better idea? 

As always, appreciate your wisdom. 

Cheers chaps 

Simon 

I've looked at festival trollies.  If you have to take the kit anywhere less than flat don't forget you will be better off with the biggest chunkiest wheels you can get - tiny wheels and a rough field are a recipe for disaster - I am in that situation if I want to take my kit into my field FWIW I don't use the trolley I have access to for that reason.  One thing you might want to consider as an alternative is a trip to a boot sale and see if you can pick up a toddlers all terrain buggy for a decent price and see if you can modify it to use the wheeled base as they tend to have great wheels on them.

Archived