NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

filters

Nojus

Yes these can make a very large difference regarding how much detail you can see in certain nebulae, along with the OIII filters. And, to a lesser degree, the Hb filters are also sought after by nebula-hunters.

David Knisely (of the Prairie Astronomy Club in the USA) wrote a list of the nebulae out there and which filters worked best for bringing out the most details in these. And here's a copy for you to download and read at your convenience:

Filter Performance Comparisons For Some Common Nebulae - by Dave Knisely.pdf

David is what I call a Filter-Nut, as I am too. And I often get asked which filter to get first - the UHC or the OIII. So if/when you get to wondering this question, I'll save you the keystrokes: It's a coin-toss. They're both about equal in their uses. And you're looking at Astronomik, yes? These are widely regarded as being the best, myself included - so far.

By the way - I have family in Tilburg. But I don't speak Dutch unfortunately.

Have fun -

Dave

3 minutes ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Yes these can make a very large difference regarding how much detail you can see in certain nebulae, along with the OIII filters.  They're both about equal in their uses. And you're looking at Astronomik, yes? These are widely regarded as being the best, myself included - so far.

Have fun -

Dave

Actually just bought Astronomik OIII, but didn't have chance to use it yet ,because of weather ,so planning to buy Astronomik UHC too ,thank you for answer and information..

Astronomik  are one of the best , I use both UHC and  Oiii and find them

superb additions to my kit, the link Dave has posted is also superb, the first

time he posted it I downloaded it, printed it then laminated them, stops the

dew from ruining them when I observe, I bought the UHC first then the Oiii followed.

Clear Sky's.

4 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Yes these can make a very large difference regarding how much detail you can see in certain nebulae, along with the OIII filters. And, to a lesser degree, the Hb filters are also sought after by nebula-hunters.

David Knisely (of the Prairie Astronomy Club in the USA) wrote a list of the nebulae out there and which filters worked best for bringing out the most details in these. And here's a copy for you to download and read at your convenience:

Filter Performance Comparisons For Some Common Nebulae - by Dave Knisely.pdf

David is what I call a Filter-Nut, as I am too. And I often get asked which filter to get first - the UHC or the OIII. So if/when you get to wondering this question, I'll save you the keystrokes: It's a coin-toss. They're both about equal in their uses. And you're looking at Astronomik, yes? These are widely regarded as being the best, myself included - so far.

Have fun -

Dave

Brilliant article, thanks, UHC is now on my list!

Usually I'm reading a lot before buying something (this toys are not cheep :) ),so all astronomers saying the same-Astronomik is the best,well I'm not hesitate in UHC from Astronomik,will definitely aim on this one.

Astronomik-2-UHC-filter.jpg

Archived