Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It started with Reiner Gamma

Mark at Beaufort

If you watched the last Sky at Night programme Pete Lawrence mentioned an unusual object called Reiner Gamma. Well this object is really well placed for viewing tonight. I only set up the Heritage 130P on a photo tripod and used my 4.7mm and 6.7mm ES82 EPs (138X and 97X). I note that I viewed this object in January 2011 - no 57 on the Lunar 100 list.

The Terminator is really sharp so I viewed Procylides (great shadows joining Nasmyth). You can just see Wargentin and the lovely crater Schickard.

Decided to see if I could see the Sirsalis Rille (no 77) - well yes - really sharp at 138X. This Heritage is such a great little scope for Grab and Go.

Ended my first session tonight viewing Vallis Schroter and the Domes around Marius.

Started a new session. I have never unscrewed the 2" base of my 9mm Myraid to use on the Heritage. Together with the Baader barlow this gives a mag of 162X. This combination appears to be sharper than the 4.7mm ES82.

Checked out the Sirsalis Rille again and the view is more defined. Moved down (Newt) to view J.Herschel, Pythagoras, Anaximander and Babbage.

Really enjoying the Moon tonight although its getting very foggy.

I'm in now due to clouds. Popped in to watch The Apprentice with my better half and while Lord Sugar was tearing strips off dopey candidates, the clouds sneaked across the sky :rolleyes2:

Very nice while it lasted though :smiley:

Interesting about the Myriad 9mm and the 4.7mm ES. I do reckon these 100 degree eyepiece ranges are of superb optical quality and are more than just a huge FoV.

Archived