NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Software Assistance

I am having a very frustrating problem here. I have a $900.00 Pentax Kr 35mm DSLR camera, and I cannot seem to find any Capture software for this make of camera. Can anyone suggest as to where I may be able to find something compatible for Pentax? Only other option I have is sell this one and get a Nikon or Canon...

Thanks,

Rodney

IMG_5602.jpg

44 minutes ago, Beachbum2 said:

I am having a very frustrating problem here. I have a $900.00 Pentax Kr 35mm DSLR camera, and I cannot seem to find any Capture software for this make of camera. Can anyone suggest as to where I may be able to find something compatible for Pentax? Only other option I have is sell this one and get a Nikon or Canon...

I'm not quite sure what you mean or are looking for. Are you thinking of something eqivalent to BYEOS? Lack of appropriate software would not preclude you from using the camera in a stand alone way. That is, attaching the camera to the 'scope and using a remote trigger/intervalometer, and saving images to its own card storage. Focusing through live view. That's what I do with my Fuji.

Or, as Steve implies, are you just looking for software which will open and allow you to manipulate the RAWs? I should have thought most RAW processing platforms, not necessarily Pentax, should be able to do it. Like Lightroom, DxO, Capture One, etc. As this was posted in the getting started in imaging section and as your picture shows it with a nosepiece, I assumed it was for astro use.

Ian

Archived