Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Am I being too a--l

One thing I have noticed with my Flextube 300p is that the primary mirror ,actually the glass part around the mirror , where the clips attach too seems to have a chip in it but on close inspection it is more of a dent as it feels smooth to the touch.Just wondering if this is a manufacturing problem and therefore normal or a defect .

The mirror is not affected as it is smooth all round. If anyone else has noticed something similar kindly help me put my mind to rest.

Thanks in advance

Vlebo

If the blank is a Pyrex one, they can come with all sorts of peculiarities. Usually they will have loads of bubbles in there. When the optician is ready to work the disc, he will inspect it carefull to ensure any subsequent grinding, especially the fine grinding, will not break through, and expose the air bubble, and thereby leave a crater in the surface. That is the worse scenario. If you are talking about the wall of the disc,they are never smooth, and that is mostly true of a Pyrex cast. So if it is the wall of the disc, worry not, it will just be a slight depression, and will cause no harm whatsoever.

Ron.

Archived