Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart Nebula - IC 1805

John78

EQ5 - 80ED + Altair 0.6xFF/FR, 1000D Astromodded.  2 minute subs iso800, 56 minutes total - flats, bias and bias as dark (this was a mistake!!).  Guided, dithered etc...

heart.thumb.jpg.1f0aba57a79b0b7d4f5516117b0f8538.jpg

So the reason no darks is a mistake is there is heinous amp glow using 2 minute subs so required some heavy handed removal.  The FF/FR spacing looks wrong as the corner stars are... odd.

59edac47802f0_cornerstars.jpg.e49315cb7e14d8fe937db313daffff22.jpg

The final query is I started using SGP, the FITs files don't appear to be as good as the CR2 files that APT produces - the score for the FITs for this stack was ~8k and the score for the CR2's was ~25k??  I swapped and did a few frames with APT after initially being concerned about SGP displaying mono images - but its lke that :)

As usual I've abysmally failed to get any star colour out of the image - but please to have managed to actually get an image of the nebula.  Anyway DSS output is attached if anyone wants to see if they can tease more out of my data than me.

heart all.FTS

I think the only thing that can explain the corner stars is the reducer you are using. It is not matched for the 80ED (like the .85x is), so its highly unlikely that it will give a good field across the entire FOV of your camera.

Archived