NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help me help a beginner AP:er

5 hours ago, happy-kat said:

As far as I could see on a quick search is that there is no wired port for shutter release, does that camera support wifi shutter release and will the software being used work with that?

Thanks! I will look into this!

The Star Adventurer will be controlled by mobile phone via Wifi, but the camera must be connected to the Star Adventurer. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yes, but that is not really the focus of her work. She´s an "media and art" student and the goal of her project is to produce an exhibition. The method in itself (equipment, software etc) is secondary.

I found that the D3200 as well as the D5300 and D5600 all take cable remotes so we should be able to sort this out :)

Even in threads as old as 2013 I find info that it was a problem with "older Nikons".

I found this info that indicates the 5300 or 5600 won't have the issue: "the D90 was the first generation that did NOT have the star-eater mapping. Certainly the D7K does not, so your D5100 should be fine."

Archived