NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which filter ?

Cdsinuk

Hi all, another remedial question :)  so when i look at planets through the telescope the image is always blown out? do you use a filter to calm this down to help with colour and detail? .  i use photographic filters for terestrial photography, but astro is a different discipline...

There is a variable polarizer filter sold by Orion

https://www.telescope.com/Orion/Accessories/Telescope-Eyepiece-Filters/Orion-Variable-Polarizing-Eyepiece-Moon-Filters/rc/2160/pc/-1/c/3/sc/48/e/14.uts 

I have no experience with it but it may be very useful. But I'm not sure if they ship internationally, so this may not be available for you. What telescope do you have?

Hi many thanks for your reply, i am  only a beginner to astro photography, i have not had a great deal of success yet but i am wanting to learn and improve,  i use Celestron Astromaster 114eq, and a national geographic 70mm refractor on a goto mount, Canon 600D 75/300 mm , i had heard to use a green filter but the one you have provided the link for looks like it could be of use, i will search for similar here in the UK, many thanks for your help, much appreciated 

regards

Chris   

Archived