More fun with the Heritage 130P

RobertI

4 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Jeremy before you order just check with Steve or James at FLO that the AZ5 and Heritage 130P will work ok looking at the zenith. I am sure that it will be alright but just in case. Once you have the scope and mount perhaps you could undertake a review?

Hi Mark, good idea and this did cross my mind. I'll double check before ordering and assuming all's well, I'll happily to write a few paragraphs about the pairing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sky-J said:

Thanks Rob, I meant to ask you what mount you used, that little Giro looks great, but I do like the slow motion for sky scanning. How do you find making small adjustments with the Giro?

Good question Jeremy, I generally use the Giro and Heritage for lowish power viewing so slow motion controls not required. I have gone up to x130 using the Heritage on the Giro for close doubles and it was fine, the Giro is very easy to nudge and settles down quickly, but if you are doing 'critical' viewing of say planets then nudging might be a bit of a pain. If I am doing really high powered viewing I use my 8" SCT on my SkyTee 2 which does have slow motion controls and is much more heavy duty. Sounds like the AZ5 is a great compromise between the two and should serve you well.

Archived