Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

You know you're getting desperate when........

Tim

Not sure if i'm going senile or not, but a strange thing happened last night.

Not to put too fine a point on it, I woke early, as virile young men like myself (cough) often do, and started the appropriate proceedings to celebrate my upcoming wedding anniversary. Part of the preparations involved ejecting one of the fruits of said union from the bed, as Offspring No.3 had slipped in, in the night.

It was while returning the migrant to his own bed, that I happened to glance out of the window. There, smiling down at me in all HIS morning glory, was Monsieur Orion. Before I knew what was happening I was out in the garden frantically setting up and grabbing a few lousy snaps of Messier 42.

I'll post the pics in a sec in the deepsky section. As you will see, with the bright high moon, and the fact that I had removed my Focal Reducer and forgotten about it, the pics are rubbish. But what concerns me more, MUCH more, is what I was doing out there in the first place, given the circumstances.

I can only attribute my outlandish actions to temporary insanity inflicted by months of cloudy skies. And that, Mr. Divorce Lawyer, is my defense!

!!

TJ

Archived