Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

telescope alignment bressier handbox problem

Hi i use a little Celestron Astromaster 114 eq, no real problems except size of course :) ,, i just purchased a nation geographic 70mm goto refractor, originally to attach my camera to for tracking purposes rather than using the actual scope, problem i have is the Bressier Handbox it comes with does not seem to have the right format for entering lat and longitude, also the format for country code i just do not understand,  has anyone on here managed to programme their exact coordinates using this handbox, it does give a pre loaded location as London UK but the telescope will not align using this general location,  

my latitude is 51.53XXXX longitude is -0.66XXXX country is GMT 00.00 but i cannot enter in this format ???  any help really appreciated 

bressier handbox.jpg

Hi Stu, many thanks for your reply,  just came across this too on the site, apologies i just registered and have not  found my way around yet, yes it solves the latitude  longitude  problem, did you see the zone on the hand box photo, its format is E or W followed by 2 digits? i would assume West and 00 ? do you think that would be correct? 

Hi Stu,  its meant to be country time zone ? but i assume country zone GMT 00.00  but this is not the format of the hand box, when you input the pre loaded  london location as in photo below the zone shows as  0 , but you cant input just zero when using manual input it seems to want a letter and 2 digit location ? as in the right hand photo? novices eh! your worst nightmare :) 59d9f47e7d65b_bressierhandbox.thumb.jpg.e9c10577495e6bdf26e2423c412a5b15.jpg ?  handbox.thumb.jpg.a7707bee6080ad7d49baf3a722761bea.jpg59d9f47e7d65b_bressierhandbox.thumb.jpg.e9c10577495e6bdf26e2423c412a5b15.jpg

Thanks again Stu, yes the zone code is a bit vague, i am not sure where they are getting their zone code from ie. Berlin zone E01, i have e mailed Bressier about this but have not recieved any reply, 

i will give it a try later and see if its any more accurate, ill let you know tommorow if it works, thanks again Stu :)

15 minutes ago, Cdsinuk said:

Thanks again Stu, yes the zone code is a bit vague, i am not sure where they are getting their zone code from ie. Berlin zone E01, i have e mailed Bressier about this but have not recieved any reply, 

i will give it a try later and see if its any more accurate, ill let you know tommorow if it works, thanks again Stu :)

No problem :)

I think that makes sense. Berlin is GMT + 1, so the E01 entry makes sense, and more makes me think W00 is correct for GMT time zone, could just as easily be E00 I suppose? Give it a go and see what happens :) 

20 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

I cant help you with your specific problem but I would reconsider putting your lat and long to 6 decimal places on a public forum.

Its close to putting your address on line !

Good point! Info removed

Thank you :)

• 4 months later...

I've noticed this exact problem from the start. I'm in England, north and west of London. Telescope House, where I bought the bresser handbox/motors from said to use E00 in my custom location time zone, but three things I've noticed:

1. the handset's time zone for Birmingham (also west of London) is just 0, and telescope house gave no actual explanation as to why E00 should be used instead of W00

2. no explanation of what the difference between E00 and W00 is in general (searching for that online brought me here) and

3. the handset remembers everything about my custom location EXCEPT the E00, as it always defaults to W00 - this includes setting it to E00 on start up, going straight to the handset's location settings to find that it still says W00.

frustrating.

@Cdsinuk, did you ever get an explanation or get it to work properly?

Archived