NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eastern Veil Fragment

DaveS

90 mins under moonlight (Full moon, on the 5th) with 3nm HII filter, in 10 min subs. This cannot even be considered WIP as the framing is so poor, but I'll put it up for the fun of it. 130mm f/7 TS Photoline Apo, 0.75x APM-Riccardi reducer, Trius 694.

I need to check where C du C thinks the 'scope is pointing, and move it a bit south and west, to at least get the tip in the frame. 

59d93de25271d_90minFragment.thumb.png.25156e2cba98de585d21b070afddeb7a.png

This is the whole image uncropped, there's some edge brightening that I didn't see in AA5, or in Windows Photo Viewer. Something to do with the forum upload software?

Sigma-Add stacking with Bias only, (Will get some flats later). Adaptive divide gradient reduction then DDP. A second gradient reduction then two rounds of gentle histogram stretch.

As a side note, when capturing in Maxim DL and processing in AstroArt there needs to be a vertical flip, else the image is mirror reversed.

Thanks Olly. Yes, I wouldn't have tried this with the Baader filter, and was surprised at just how much made it through. I may have overcooked the processing a bit, more data would enable gentler processing and a more natural look.

Archived