Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best mount for vintage lenses and focus

planetman83

Hello guys, I just received the asahi super takumar 200mm f/4 because I read some good things about it. I want to use it with my Canon 6d for astrophotography but from the test I did today at day I saw that if I want to focus to infinity, the focus ring goes to the end and it stops and it is at the limit of focus, I am not sure if it needs a little more or not. The lens is M42 mount and I used the thin M42 to canon mount.

My question is: Is there anything I can to do maybe to unscrew some screws and move the focus a little back of the lens? OR could the Pentax K lens mount be a better choice? And then a pentax K to canon mount? Maybe this combination is thinner and the lens comes nearer the camera? What is your experience?

The bad thing of M42 also is that you screw it and if you want to focus there is a chance of unscrewing the mount itself.

Archived