NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Esprit 100ED Field Flattener

Hi All

I've just received an SW Esprit 100, and beautiful it is too!

I have a matched SW field flattener on order.

In the Esprit manual it mentions I need an 8mm ring spacer (also referred to as an extender tube) to be able to attach a DSLR adapter to the flattener. This did not come with the scope.

I don't know whether this will come with the field flattener, or whether I'll need to purchase it separately.

Please can anyone who has this scope advise?  I've looked on the FLO website but can't find the 8mm ring spacer.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Kev

Thanks Ray.

I guess I'll have to wait for the FF to arrive - currently out of stock and should be here at the end of Oct.

On a totally different topic - do you know how to edit the footer at the bottom of posts? Years since I've edited mine and I'm blowed if I can find where to do this. Is it the "About Me" box in Edit Profile? If so, why doesn't this show my currnt footer so I can edit it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Kev

3 minutes ago, Astrokev said:

Thanks Ray.

I guess I'll have to wait for the FF to arrive - currently out of stock and should be here at the end of Oct.

On a totally different topic - do you know how to edit the footer at the bottom of posts? Years since I've edited mine and I'm blowed if I can find where to do this. Is it the "About Me" box in Edit Profile? If so, why doesn't this show my currnt footer so I can edit it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Kev

Yes I think it does come with the FF Kev.  Mine was in the case with it, but I bought it at the same time.  You need 55mm from the back of that (forget the FF, from the adaptor mating surface) to the CCD.

It's a really lovely scope, you'll enjoy it, I absolutely love mine.

As @Dbswales says, account/signature :thumbright:

Thanks Dbswales. I was also torn between these two. The indecision was finally tipped by chatting with a friend at Kelling who uses the 100. He takes great images and I respect his opinion. The 120 also has a longer focal length which obviously isn't so good for wide angle work.

That said, I haven't tried my scope yet, but I'm confident it'll be great.

Archived