Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The revelation continues! New Ethi.

When I was at Cherry Springs Star Party, I had a chance to look through a 13mm Nagler, in a 25" dob. I also had a chance to look through the then new 8mm Nagler. At least one person I met claimed to have sold off everything in his kit from 10 to 20mm in favour of one 13mm Nagler. Looking though the 13mm, this made sense.

When I was at Cherry Springs Star Party, I had a chance to look through a 13mm Nagler, in a 25" dob. I also had a chance to look through the then new 8mm Nagler. At least one person I met claimed to have sold off everything in his kit from 10 to 20mm in favour of one 13mm Nagler. Looking though the 13mm, this made sense.

Apparently the 8mm Ethos is not selling as well as the 13mm. Setting aside the price (as if !) I wonder if this is because ultimate FoV is not such a high priority for users in higher power eyepieces ?.

I can see that, one day, I might just be able to get a 13mm or 17mm Ethos and I would be prepared to part with 2 or 3 of my current eyepieces to achieve that but I'm not at all sure I'd feel as drawn to the 8mm or 6mm versions for some, probably irrational, reason :D

John

I know wht you mean, and my view through the 8mm was in daylight, looking at, of all things, a ceramic frog on a fence about 20m distant. The edge to edge sharpness was unbelievable. I could see this ep replacing a whole bunch of 6 to 20mm eps. The view just goes on and on.

it was through the 13mm ethos that I saw the 'pillars' in M16, in the 25" dob. Unbelievable clarity!

Archived