Fullerscope 4.25" Refractor?

Hello everyone

I've been offered a Fullerscope 4.25" refractor with 4" clear aperture, with matching Fullerscope pillar mount, matching Fullerscope pillar mount cast alloy feet (3). With Fullerscope MK3 mount.  It has classical crown and flint Fraunhofer design objective lenses. Uncoated British lenses of the period, its F15.

It appears to be complete apart from a different focuser. The focuser is RAS thread? What does that mean? 

What does everyone think of Fullerscopes? 

Dave

Early refractor focusers employed a 1 1/4" 16tpi thread for attaching the similarly male threaded eyepieces, it was the standard RAS (Royal Astronomical Society) thread. It just so happens that 1/4 BSP plumbing thread has the same diameter and tpi give or take a bit for plumbing tolerances.  :icon_biggrin:

I love then old scope and mounts made to last, I did see someone down your way last year selling a mount but remove the post as he going to restore it. What I like is some glass is to die for it can be that good , I have one old made in Japan 60mm  scope  its like you are there with the Stars its that good.

Yes I used my Skylight 60mm Carton lensed telescope the other day on the moon, was good views, did suffer a bit from CA at high magnifications, CA also depended on which eyepiece I used ( Kellner, Orthoscopic, or Plossl).

Does your Japan made 60mm suffer from CA on the moon at high mags @Starlight 1?

Archived