Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RA motor for Losmandy G11

PaulB

Good morning 

I want a replacement motor for my Losmandy G11.

But I am having trouble finding any here in the UK. 

I can buy direct from Losmandy. But. I am certain that I will have to pay duty. 

Does anybody know we're I can buy one?

Yes. And OO in Newcastle. 

I am awaiting a reply from Orion. And also Telescope Service. Losmandy don't look. Read. Emails. And I don't want the cost of a phone call. To the USA. 

So. I am, as it were stuck?

5 hours ago, PaulB said:

I can buy direct from Losmandy. But. I am certain that I will have to pay duty.

Even if there was an authorised distributer or repairer in the UK, you'd still have to pay duty and VAT on any spare parts you bought. It's just that you wouldn't see that part of the transaction.

As it is, the motor is only $225, plus VAT and import and shipping. I'd say that £300 would be a small price to pay to get a busted G11 back on the road.

And that is what I am going to do.

I'll get the motor and gearbox, and the right mounting screws.

I telephoned Losmandy and left a message, telling them what I want, and giving them my email address.

Fingers crossed. I might have everything before Kelling.

SVM-HT has been brought from Ian King Imaging. He had one in stock. And the correct screws are coming via Toolstoday.co.uk
I bought a pack of 100,  4-40 x 1/2" Socket Head Cap Screws.

These are the correct ones for this motor. The size is given on the SVM-HT Losmandy instruction PDF file.

I have asked Ian to let me know when he has more in stock, so I can replace the working DEC Maxon. Then I will have a pair.

It's sure nice to know. I'll have the beast running again. And ready for some Autumn imaging at the ESP from September 18th.

Archived