NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS Groups

Hi,

If I have multiple images of a DSO at different exposures do I stack them separately into each group ? eg. 20 sixty second lights at 1600 plus 10 sixty second darks at 1600 in group one and then in group two I would put 20 ninety second lights at 1600 plus 10 ninety second darks at 1600 and so on ?

If that's correct do I need darks in each group ?

Should I put bias frames in each group ?

Thanks.

This from DSS:

To associate each Light Frame with the good Dark and Flat Frames you just need to put all the Light+Dark+Flat Frames from the first night in one File Group and all the Light+Dark+Flat Frames of the second night in another File Group.
Since Offset/Bias Frames are common to all the nights they must be put in the Main Group.

DeepSkyStacker will automatically associate the Light Frames of the first night with the Dark and Flat Frames of the first night and the Light Frames of the second night with the Dark and Flat Frames of the second night.
The Offset/Bias Frames from the Main Group will be associated with the Light Frames of the first and second night.

Peter

Archived