SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gumption trap

andrew s

Having spent sometime trying to debug an antenna fault on my observatory USB radio clock  I decided to check the maintenance schedule on the MSF transmitter and yes it's annual maintenance 14th to 31st August!

Regards Andrew

Ah! and I didnt realise that the 'MSF' callsign was still in use after Rugby closed down, well well, never too old to learn.

You did point your ferrite to Anthorn   (scene of many childhood trips to Naval Air displays, full of Fairey Gannets, a challenge to model in Meccano )   not Rugby ?  :hiding::duckie:

I think all my radio clocks (ex Aldi&Lidl ! :) ) use DCF

8 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

You did point your ferrite to Anthorn   (scene of many childhood trips to Naval Air displays, full of Fairey Gannets, a challenge to model in Meccano )   not Rugby ?  :hiding::duckie:

Yes Anthorn, it came on at about 16:40 and off again this morning at 08:02. So it is ok for me not being a solar observer!

My watch uses DCF.

Regards Andrew

Archived