NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lens Advice

So I want to start taking shots of the Milky Way again. I have a full frame Sony A7 with a 28mm f/2.8 lens. I would like something wider and my two choices are the Rokinon 11mm f/2 or the 14mm f/2.8. Which would you prefer and why?

Thank you in advance :)

11mm and 14mm are too much wide, i also agree to go with 24mm, even 20mm is good enough, sometimes i don't like that so much wide as we call it "Ultra" or "Super" wide angle, i do have 14mm Samyang, but if i shoot wide landscapes or nightscapes and including the sky then i will use the zoom lens such as 16-35 or the one i have Tamron 15-30 or even 24mm f1.4 if i can have this lens.

I have an astro cheap camera which is ASI120MC, and this camera is coming with a so wide lens to be used, i didn't test it yet, but sounds the camera with lens will be a good combo for milky way images.

Archived