NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Out with the 12" Dob again

Mark at Beaufort

Last night looked really promising so I set up the 12" Dob + the Heritage 130P on the SkyTee 2 the latter to undertake a test on M13.

I started with M13 and had a fabulous view of the GC using different EPs in the 12". I could easily make out the Propeller. Whilst in the area looked at NGC6207 and had both objects in the same FOV in the 13mm Ethos.

I then viewed M51 and M101.

However, I had decided to tour Aquila and made out a list of objects to view. I enjoy double stars and to some extent regret selling my 4" APO and 180mm Mak Cass. Anyway decided to start with Pi Aquila using the ES82 4.7mm EP (mag 323X) and I easily split this double - really sharp view.

Now a few clusters viewing NGC 6738, 6709, 6755 and 6756. The next object was really nice - the Globular Cluster NGC 6760 - can't understand why I had not observed it before.

Unfortunately high cloud started to come over making it difficult to view faint DSOs. I moved down to view NGC 6818 (Little Gem) but found it too difficult to see NGC6822 (Barnards Galaxy) so I retired for the night. Good to get out the 12" again.

Archived