SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bubble nebula in Ha

brrttpaul

Well I had a go and for me its a success as I managed to take trhe lights darks bias flats etc and process in PI and get something that resembles a photo plus I done it in less than 3 hrs rather than days so I must be making progress . Taken using Ha  Si and Oi and used the LRGB combine in PI I played around trying them in different slots ended  up with this one, also done a crop just to see, my only gripe is the dirty looking colour no idea if its gas or what

untitled.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

Beautiful Results Paul! In both!

I'm finding the left edge disturbance seems to be from light pollution or Moon pollution as I try and progress here.

Because no matter what the Moon is doing, I'll try and shoot through it. Usually choosing Northward directions during my brighter times.

I wouldn't fuss about it though. You have done a most excellent job in your work there.

Well Done! :hello2:

Well it may have been a good thing that we have had so many cloudy nights as all I have been doing is reading up on it and for me the biggest thing with the asi  as far as I can tell is exposure times, I have gone down from 600 secs to 120 secs, ok theres a lot more images but not so much of that amp glow if i keep the times down. My processing skills are terrible atm I think im doing the noise reduction too much and getting the motteling effect but im at last enjoying the imaging and as I said instead of taking hours and hours its taking about an hour, happy days

I've been imaging my head off here with a friends Atik Infinity camera. I had to go to longer and longer exposure times with my old CCD just to get anything at all. Still, I did. But I'm getting my best now with much shorter exposures, and a plethora of them. Best to date seems to be 20 second exposures. But the stacking takes place within the camera. (Still learning about it all) Post Processing is very mild adjustments and noise reductions.

In fact I liken it to Painting. I use to spray the image with a pump type sprayer, really putting it on thick, 1200 seconds up to 1800 seconds single exposures at times. A friend told me, "Sonny, you just stack with time." But now, I can get much better and finer results using an air brush technique, fine photons gathered over dozens and dozens of exposures. But the change in cameras has made all that possible. My first camera was basically pasture droppings.

I'm quite stubborn about Post Processing, even still. I fancy myself as a Post Processing Minimalist. If I can't get it right in the camera, I won't spend hours reconstructing an image. I'll just shoot it again, when possible. Where as, I have friends who will go days on end to construct an image that is stunning. But to me, manufactured.

But enough about that. Well done! That is a beautiful Bubble Nebula image! The more we do, the better things will get. :wink:

2 hours ago, brrttpaul said:

onwards and upwards lol, really cant wait fot the darker nights to come now

Me, too!

I'll be after that rascal Orion. He drew me into this madness.

I'll be watching for your posts!

Archived