SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

anyone own Apm 140 or 152mm ED Doublet

Northernlight

I think the APM 152 may be the same scope as the Altair 152 and the Tecnosky 152 and probably other 152s. I seem to recall seeing pictures of the APM 152 and it looked identical right down to the focuser, I guess APM has a different doublet as it costs a whole lot more money than the others.

I have a Tecnosky 152mm  used mainly for solar imaging and visual night time stuff it's a pretty good scope with only a small amount of CA around the full Moon.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Just curious how good or bad it performs for imaging and there aren't that many reviews out on the web.  I did however come across an old thread on cloudy nights which got quite heated discussing this scope with an batch of them that were sent to the usa which were about 10 users reported serious issues with the lens assembly and subsequently has issues with the supplier.

So not sure what to make of this scope.

Good colour correction is vital in broadband imaging. Poor control of blue is common and will affect both blue and luminance (which includes blue.) But if shooting through a NB filter you'll be shooting in almost monochromatic light so there is no need for good colour correction.

Olly

Archived