Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First night with my new 80ED - PHD questions

Hi

My 80ED arrived and finally got a break in the cloud to try it out. My setup is now 80ED with FR, AVX mount, Atik 414EX and Orion Starshoot autoguider with 50mm guide scope. I plan to build a pier and roll off shed for it but at the moment, it will be living on a tripod. 

Could somebody please be kind enough to take a look at my first nights guide log and tell me if things look ok? I imagine having to tweak lots of numbers (calibration step size / hysteresis / max ra pulses etc) but im not really sure. Is this just a case of trial and error? Should the numbers have changed from when i was using the NexStar 6SE?

I managed a solid 4 minute sub which was crisp and pinpoint. But that could have been luck! The seeing wasnt great, so this was all just initial testing.

I intend to try and learn to drift align. As an experiment, at the end of the night, I used the phd drift align tool and according to the trend line, got a polar alignment error of 1px in both Alt and Az, but i dont believe it! 

Thanks

Joe

PHD2_GuideLog_2017-07-09_221416.txt

Archived