Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

Welcome to the new Celestial Events Heads Up forum and the Celestial Events Calendar!

Post up about any short notice events such as lift off proms or Super Novae, or discuss events posted in the calendar

Follow the new forum and calendar to receive notifications and make sure you don't miss anything!

happylimpet

Colour Jupiter - 8th April 2017

happylimpet    31

Yohoho!

From a rather good night in April, with my 12" Skywatcher 300p on an EQ8, with an ASI224MC.

This image actually made it into a BAA Jupiter article regarding the merger of two white ovals - theyre the ones on the bottom of the north equatorial belt to the lower left of the GRS.

Cheers!

Nick

2017-04-08-0135_4-NJH-1st-noLD_deconv=denoiselvls-sat-lvls-tidy-usm annot fuckabout bluredges IN BIG SPACE.png

Edited by happylimpet
extra words!
  • Like 9

GuLinux    150

Lovely! Very sharp, and rich of details! :)

• Like 1

BRADLEY 1953    20

Hi ,   that is one superb image of the giant planet, lovely colours and intricate detail, one of the best I have seen,  lets see some more ?   Chris.

• Like 1

happylimpet    31
4 hours ago, BRADLEY 1953 said:

Hi ,   that is one superb image of the giant planet, lovely colours and intricate detail, one of the best I have seen,  lets see some more ?   Chris.

Hi Chris! Thanks, unfortunately I dont have too many more of that quality - blame the jetstream! I'll have a look though - sadly my processing orgranisation isnt what it could be!

Cheers