Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade LX200 handset compatibility.

I have here a Meade LX200 14 inch UHTC GPS instrument which I think must be about ten years old. I also have an Autostar II handset, though the handset seems to be new so I can't be sure whether or not it's been used with the scope. It has the right socket to fit, but does anyone know how compatible the scopes and handsets are in the LX200 range?

Thanks,

Olly

May depend on what's been updated and when, I think the last revision was V4.2g, Meade haven't updated it for a long time.

Might be worth joining the LX200GPS Yahoo group, lost of experts on there.

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

May depend on what's been updated and when, I think the last revision was V4.2g, Meade haven't updated it for a long time.

Might be worth joining the LX200GPS Yahoo group, lost of experts on there.

Dave

Good idea. Thanks Dave.

Olly

Hi Olly

The LX200GPS Models have Autostar II, LX90 and ETX have Autostar 497.

They're not compatible, and neither is the big chunky handset for the really old Classic LX200.

Download the free Starpatch and upgrade to V4.2G (capital G) which has enhancements and fixes to Meades 4.2g (little g), which hasn't been upgraded for yonks.

G includes advice on which of Meades alignment methods to avoid for alt/az and polar modes.

The yahoo site mentioned is world class for the gps.

Michael 

Archived