SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LXD75 any hints or tips

lynnm

Hi ..  been a while since ive posted, and to be honest it been a while since ive had my hands on anything Astro related for a while, and the scopes are a bit dusty..  but nethertheless i had the opportunity to obtain a LXD75 auto tracking mount the other day and been playing setting it up with computer control and updating the 497 with some tours. The only issue is I haven't got a OTA to fit on it.. LOL.. the ETX I have and the DOB wont fit ;-). So i rigged up a bit of tubing to mount my DSLR on the mount and played around with trying to get used to polar setting it up.

spent the other night taking some pics of Polaris and trying to get some star movement, but cloud come in after some 10 min exposures and didn't get much to show..  so waiting for some clearer night.

but anyway..  has anyone got any ideas on the LXD75 hints and tips ? 

Cheers

Mike

Hi.. been a while for sure. :-)

Thanks for the link, ill give it go, I played tonight with trying to polar align and do a three star alignment but I think a need to get more info on it, as it just wouldn't swing over to where Jupiter was, nearly but way not good enough.( i.e. General direction but not anywhere near)

But hey, what's the fun when everything works as it should ;-)

cheers

mike 

Haha.. while training the drives today it suddenly clicked that the 497 auto star was set up for 2016!!!  No wonder it was out..

I couldn't figure out why it was suggesting that mars was below the horizon when my iPad app said it was following the sun..

now that's been set it seems to be behaving now.

mike

Archived