Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starter kit for gazing and photography

Hello again everyone!

Last November I was asking for advice on a scope etc (link to original post here) but had to spend my money on my PC in the end.

Now though, that's all sorted and I'm going to be treating myself to a scope this winter.

I really just want to see if things have changed much since last year and whether I ought to be considering different things.

To summarise:

I'm looking for near Earth stuff like the moon, planets etc, good views of clusters and other such niceties, and as much as I can get from DSOs for my budget.

I'm reckoning on spending around the £600 mark, to cover scope, mount, and lenses etc I need.

I've decided to hold back n the camera for now, maybe treat myself to that in April for my birthday and spend my time learning the sky.

Last year I ended up at a Celestron C8N-GT as it seemed by general concensus to be the best value scope for the money I was looking at.

Does this still seem the best bet?

I look forward to your advice again guys :thumbright:

Ben

Archived