Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guide cam for oag

Hi everyone,

i've yet to make it into the world of guiding, but i feel the time is right, having spent the last 8 months getting a good feel for my gear. At the moment i'm using 60 second subs, and would like to extend that out to 3-5 minutes. I'm using a William Optics Star 71, an Az Eq6, and a zwo asi 1600mm. I carry the scope in/out for each session so in a bid to make things easier i think an oag would suit best. So i suppose question is would any of you knowledgeable folk here know of a suitable guide cam for this setup.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

I've used a ASI120MM (USB2) in a similar setup, ED70, ASI1600MM-Cool & OAG. If you have an ASI1600MM with the USB hub the 120MM can be plugged into that if use use both cameras via ASCOM and reduce the USB traffic of both to 40%. The only minor drawback is the stars are very distorted in the guide camera as they are off axis with no field flattener, but it does not appear to effect guiding.

James 

Archived