SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Long time since I did one of these! ( with the redo )

simmo39

It must be nearly 3 years since I last did a shot of Jupiter. Had to buy a new camera as my old neximeg 5 died. and here is my first image with it. Hope you like...

jup1aa_zpsjutf3yqv.png

Taken on my old SW 127 Mak and my new Altair imx 224

A little bit  blocky but pleased with its first go. hints and tips welcome.

Really good detail. If you don't mind a suggestion it looks like you pushed your wavelets or sharpening a little to far. If you dial back the sharpening or add deniosing or noise reduction that should get rid of the 'blocky'. The image is also looking a liitle green. If you're using Registax try using the Auto Colour Balance feature and make sure you're debayering using the correct pattern. I wouldn't mind one of them new GPCAM's. Great image!

18 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

Really good detail. If you don't mind a suggestion it looks like you pushed your wavelets or sharpening a little to far. If you dial back the sharpening or add deniosing or noise reduction that should get rid of the 'blocky'. The image is also looking a liitle green. If you're using Registax try using the Auto Colour Balance feature and make sure you're debayering using the correct pattern. I wouldn't mind one of them new GPCAM's. Great image!

Hi, thanks for tips. Will give it a go.

Archived