SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Alt-Az Mount with Encoders

astro_al

Evening all,

I currently enjoy using an alt-az mount along with the Sky Safari app and am considering linking the two. This means looking for an alt-az mount with support for encoders so I can use something like the Nexus II as an interface between the mount and my iPad.

I have seen the Ayo II mount, which looks amazing, but by the time I have imported it and bought the Nexus it is going to cost a lot. I have also found the Tecnosky eLLe v2 which could be a more cost effective option.

Does anyone have either of these mounts, and if so what is the pointing accuracy like? Are there any other options out there, excluding a GOTO GEM (or alt-az for that matter as I am sold on the push-to option)?

The refractor I use is under 3kg full loaded.

Thanks for reading.

Al

Hi Stu,

I did contact FLO to get a price for the Ayo ll with encoders, but they said they didn't stock it. I didn't take it any further as I am pretty sure it will be more than I am willing to spend on this project. Astrograph stock the Technosky stuff so I may drop Rupert an email and ask a few questions.

Thanks for the info on the accuracy - good to know.

Al

31 minutes ago, astro_al said:

Hi Stu,

I did contact FLO to get a price for the Ayo ll with encoders, but they said they didn't stock it. I didn't take it any further as I am pretty sure it will be more than I am willing to spend on this project. Astrograph stock the Technosky stuff so I may drop Rupert an email and ask a few questions.

Thanks for the info on the accuracy - good to know.

Al

Ok, sorry about that

Archived