SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81/82

Thought I'd share this just because I'm pleased I got my elongated star issue sorted (separate thread). Took a few 10min L subs in 1/2 moon just to test so I thought I'd mix it with some other RGB data I had from last month. It's an improvement over my last attempt as I've tried to use masks more which definitely helped the background. Hope you like it, c/c welcome as always :)

http://stevesastro.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/4/0/104028792/m81v4.jpg

m81v4.jpg

That looks like a really nice picture there. :)

Any reason why you chose to resize it to that small size by the way? It looks like it could handle significantly higher resolution with ease.

21 hours ago, Jannis said:

That looks like a really nice picture there. :)

Any reason why you chose to resize it to that small size by the way? It looks like it could handle significantly higher resolution with ease.

Ha ha, no. It's because I linked it to my website and I messed up the link!!! Here's the full copy. :)

M81V4.jpg

On 11/05/2017 at 22:08, Jannis said:

That looks really nice :)

Curious though, what happend to the red channel? Out of focus, exposed different, or just missaligned?

No, it's my bad use of deconvolution or one of the multi scale transformation tools that I'm not very good at yet!

Archived