Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGPro - Starizona calculator

Grierson

Bit of a very naïve question but when using Starizona to calculate the input for 'Scale' in SGPro's Equipment Profile box could any user of the program confirm that the focal length should be multiplied by the flattener figure. i.e. The focal length of my ED80 is 600mm but adding the flattener it equates to 510mm (600 x .85). Without thinking I put in 600mm originally but I can't get 'platesolve' to work properly. Many thanks - John   

One thing you could also try is to take an astronomical picture with your gear set up as you plan to use it and the camera set at 1x1 binning. Take the image and platesolve it at nova.astrometry.net. The results contain the pixel scale in the "calibration" section in the right-hand column. This was handy for me as I have an adjustable flattener designed for a range of scopes and the amount of "reduction" it performs varies according to the spacing, which in turn varies according to the scope.

Archived