Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helix tweaked

ollypenrice

'Oh Olly, please have mercy on us... great images, but it just somehow depresses me, knowing that its going to cloudy forever here in the UK .'

NO MERCY!!!!!! We will be out again tonight, by the look of it. Mind you, I'm totally wiped if it's any consolation. I have to cook as well. The hardship! The privation!

Olly.

Apparently when news reached the anglo-german attempt on Everest (or K2 or something) that Germany had beaten England in the World Cup, one of the Germans said 'So we beat you at your national sport.' Don Whillans replied 'Aye, well we beat you at your national sport too - twice!'

Olly.

OK, here are the battle plans... cross over at Dover, head south until its not cloudy, and keep going until you get your feet wet. back up about 20 miles, and we are there...

Now, dont cry when looking at this picture of todays weather/clouds

20080828-lesgrange-clouds.jpg

That's why I'm here! Please invade away!

Olly

Ah! but room for how many Bivouacs Olly? We could make do with field rations, unless we get volunteers to man a field kitchen. Greg, where are you? :(

Sorry Olly, this is unforgivable hijacking, but at least talking about it makes us feel good honest. :)

PS. I am writing this from inside my observatory, and the bleeding sun is shining, first time for days. Incredible.

Ron.

Archived