Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thoughts on the Skywatcher EQ6-R PRO Synscan

UKJay1971

I'm giving up one hobby and transferring the funds across to this one - I have an OK system at the moment, using a Celestron Advanced GT mount but it is at it's limits for the weight it is carrying and I am looking to upgrade soon to a fast newtonian 200 or 250. It definitely won't thank me for that. I am looking therefore at upgrading my mount - it is purely for imaging and so solid tracking under payload is essential. I can't imagine an imaging setup over 15kg however I want some leeway and so I am looking at the Skywatcher EQ6-R PRO Synscan.

Any comments on its pros / cons? It is right in my price bracket and, although I take its 20kg boast for imaging systems with a pinch of salt, I'd be happy putting a 12kg newtonian and guidescope on there with little hesitation.

Thanks in advance

I have not seen any comprehensive reviews for this mount so cannot help unfortunately. I find this odd as its the replacement for the generally well regarded EQ6-Pro.
The belt drive, carry handle and hopefully not having bending bolts should be plus points.

This is a mount I have on my possible wish list. Off to look for reviews...

Archived