ISS pass, 20.44 on 9 April 2017

I've just snapped about 400 frames with the ISS in them, using my son's Canon 50D on the back of my C8 scope.  I didn't have time to collimate accurately, and struggled to focus as well, but at least it was good practice at manual tracking, with the ISS in almost every shot.  But alas, I think the results are probably not worth spending too much time on - here's a single frame.  I  might see if I can put them into a quick GIF if I have time.

ISS20170409.jpg

It's going over you more than you might think!

Here's a free satellite-tracking program (which I think is the best one - there are others you can try - also free) which will give you dates & times of passes:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/previsat/

Go ahead - scare your friends by pointing and saying: "I KNOW the schedule of our departure! Bwahahaha!"

Anywhose - it's easy to set and use. I've corresponded with it's creator in France - nice guy! My only caveat: Keep it updated.

Have fun,

Dave

Archived