Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Moon Vieta, Jupiter and the Fujiyama OR-HD 7mm

N3ptune

Hello again! tonight was a special observation, the first light for my new Fujiyama HD-OR 7mm eyepiece a pure joy. It is truly a fantastic eyepiece and in the first 5 minutes of using it, I renamed it "My Jupiter eyepiece" because 143x is a perfect power to catch details without getting blurry vision.

The 42d FOV provides a crisp crystal clear image, color temperature is perfect not to warm (yellow), not too cold (blue), I see no distortions of any kind I know on the moon or Jupiter. The eye relief is actually comfortable, even if the FOV is fully visible at around 6mm, my eye can be away from the lens has far has maybe 25mm and I still can see Jupiter.

MOON: The best view of all my eyepieces at 143x, by far. The best definition. My telescope will easily support the power of 286x(7mm + Xcel LX barlow) the only limitation is the atmosphere. I had seconds of pure clarity with a quality at 286x almost equal to 212x with my ES 4.7mm.

--> Ohhh I think I found my favourite kind of eyepieces, the small AFOV is perfect to get much more quality.

JUPITER: I could reach a clean focus, the power is perfect for Jupiter and to use this eyepiece a lot. (For 145$ wow! awesome deal) The planet is far more interesting to look at with the aid of the Baader Neodymium filter, the festoons are clearly visible has well has the other darker parts inside the bands, the contrast between the colors is greatly enhanced.

:hello2: <-- Oh yeah!

So these are the sketches I did, the moon was done all the time at 285x, it's a new high power for my telescope and for the moon!, For Jupiter it's an attempt to mark the visible dark spots that were visible. Just for the record, there is a mental zoom, my sketches are rarely the representation of the AFOV.

What a great session it was ((((:

I hope you find them interesting.

QSMuVDW.jpg

There is some sort of a match between my observation and the middle picture.

http://6KY5O85.jpg?1

Nice report.   I just bought a Fuji 7mm ortho a few weeks ago and my experience was very similar to yours.  Very good lunar and planetary EP.   I have a 7mm Pentax XW that I compared with it on the Moon near the Rupes recta region and Jupiter.   On the Moon, I thought the views were sharper  was able to see more small craters with the Fuji than the XW.   I was out last night looking at Jupiter there was a Europa and it's shadow transit plus the GRS was in position to see.  After swapping the EP's in and out a few times, I thought it was easier to follow the transit with the Fuji.  The shadow transit was easy to see in both, but trying to follow Europa was difficult.   I was able to see it momentarily here and there with the Fuji but not the XW.   The GRS was near the planet edge and was difficult to see in both EP's.    

The only other objects I've seen with it were Saturn and M3.   Both views very sharp.   M3 was very much resolved with a magnification of 187.    I think the more you use it the more you will like it.   I also have the Fuji 9mm and 12.5mm.  All of them are excellent.

Phil

@pjsmith_6198

I am glad to see your having a similar positive experience. The OR-HD outperforms all my larger AFOV eyepieces easily on high magnifications. The 12.5 is the next purchase on my list, to get a strong and clean medium power (80x) for DSO's .

I will try to look at M3 with the 7mm next time, if you can resolve it at 187x, it should look nice at 143x, if the conditions permit!

Archived