NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Autoguiding Advice Needed--NOW RESOLVED :)

1 minute ago, John78 said:

Correct, you need a mono camera either QHY, Altair or ZWO.

I have a surplus 9x50 finder which I'm going to put up in the for sale later today, it came with a 80ED Pro kit I just acquired.

Sounds good. I'll check with Dad, you might have an offer on that! I'll keep an eye on the For Sale area. ;) 

John

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

Sounds good. I'll check with Dad, you might have an offer on that! I'll keep an eye on the For Sale area. ;) 

John

Yeah I'll bundle it with a 3d printed adapter also, will start one printing now.  I'd recommend the ZWO ASI120MM camera, some people have nightmares getting the QHY working with PHD properly.

Hi,

Thank you to all who have given me advice throughout this thread, :) I have now finalized my autoguiding setup, it is a 9 x 50 finderscope with a ZWO ASI USB 2.0 mono cam and PHD2. I chose these in the end because of the weight restrictions on my mount and also because of cost, without SGL I would have got both wrong!!! :D 

John

Archived