Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USB to Serial

Hi all is there any way of connecting a advance vx scope OTHER than the usual usb to serial ? this is causing many head aches because it working and now my stellairum says connected but wont move anything and also stellairum scope wont even give me my com port ??? 

If you are running Win 10 there is a well documented conflict with the prolific chip-set that is used in some usb/serial adaptors. If you are using Win 10 then I'd thoroughly recommend that you search out one of the FTDI based usb serial adaptors, I believe FLO now stock them.

Jim 

On 03/04/2017 at 13:39, saac said:

If you are running Win 10 there is a well documented conflict with the prolific chip-set that is used in some usb/serial adaptors. If you are using Win 10 then I'd thoroughly recommend that you search out one of the FTDI based usb serial adaptors, I believe FLO now stock them.

Jim 

Ditto that Jim - my first adapter was a cheapo ebay special and worked with nothing, I might as well have made it from cheese!!

:/

Archived